All-on-4® Dental Implants
What is the All-on-4® Dental Implant Procedure?
All-on-4 dental implants (a.k.a. Teeth in a Day) is a procedure used to replace missing teeth. Four implants are placed in the jawbone to support a full set of replacement teeth. All-on-4® dental implants are an alternative to traditional dentures and can provide a more stable and comfortable fit. All-on-4® dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss and can help to improve the function and appearance of your smile.
If you are considering All-on-4® dental implants, it is important to consult with a qualified implant dentist to discuss the benefits and risks of the procedure. All-on-4® dental implants are a major investment and it is important to make sure that you are a good candidate for the procedure before making the decision to proceed.
Benefits of the All-on-4®
All-on-4® dental implants can provide many benefits, including:
- improved function of your teeth
- increased comfort and stability
- improved appearance of your smile
- enhanced self-esteem
- ability to eat the foods you love
- improved oral health
- permanent solution to tooth loss
The All-on-4® dental implant procedure is a safe and effective way to replace missing teeth. All-on-4® dental implants can give you the confidence to smile and to eat the foods that you love.
If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of dental implants, you may visit WebMD for more thorough information.
Risks of the All-on-4®
All-on-4® dental implants are not right for everyone. It can be costly and may not be covered by dental insurance. Also, All-on-4® dental implants require a surgical procedure to place the implants in the jawbone. As with any type of surgery, there are some risks associated with All-on-4 dental implants. These risks include:
- reaction to anesthesia
- bleeding or infection at the implant site
- damage to teeth or nerves near the implant site
- sinus problems (if implants are placed in the upper jaw)
- loosening of the implants
However, these risks are rare and your dentist will take every precaution to avoid them. Overall, All-on-4 dental implants are a safe and effective way to replace missing teeth.
That is why it is very important that your dentist has many years of experience. Cost should not be the deciding factor. A good rule of thumb is if your dentist is performing the All-on-4® procedure every week. Most offices let you speak with their All-on-4® patients to learn their experience. Researching is extremely important for any type of surgical procedure.
Process of the All-on-4 Dental Implants
- First, consult with a qualified implant dentist to discuss your treatment options and to determine if you are a good candidate.
- Next, at your consult, you would take a CT scan of your jawbone. This creates a 3D model of your jawbone to determine the best placement for the implants.
- After the office takes your CT scan and impressions, they set up an appointment for your surgery date.
- Generally, the dentist offers IV sedation. IV sedation is a type of anesthesia administered through an IV in the arm, which helps you relax and remain comfortable during the procedure.
- Once sedated, the implant dentist begins the processes called alveoplasty and gingivoplasty. Alveoplasty is the preparation of the alveolar bones for the placement of the implants. Small incisions are made in the gums and a small amount of bone is removed. Gingivoplasty is the process of trimming the gums to create a better fit for the replacement teeth.
- Afterward, the dentist places the implants in the jawbone.
- Then, the dentist places abutments over the implants. The abutments are small metal connectors used to attach the replacement teeth to the implants.
- Finally, the dentist places your replacement teeth. The replacement teeth are made of porcelain, ceramic, PMMA or composite material.
The implants will then begin to fuse to the jawbone. This process, called osseointegration, can take several months. There are several offices who may offer a temporary set of teeth on the day of your surgery, and a final set of teeth after about 4-6 months. Other offices may offer the final set of teeth within 24 hours and make adjustments to those teeth after the patient has healed. These final set of teeth are infused with a titanium bar or another type of support to ensure that they are strong and durable.
All-on-4 dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss. Once the implants have fused to the jawbone, they will provide support for the replacement teeth for the rest of your life.
All-on-4 Dental Implants in One Day?
Yes, some dental offices offer All-on-4 dental implants as a same day procedure. This means that you can have your implants placed and your replacement teeth placed all in the same day. However, it is important to note that not everyone is a candidate for this type of procedure. Your dentist will need to assess your individual case to determine if this is an option for you.
Who is a Candidate for All-on-4® Dental Implants?
Who is a Candidate for All-on-4® Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are a good option for people who are missing all of their teeth or who have lost most of their teeth due to decay, disease, or injury.
What is the cost of All-on-4 dental implants?
The cost of All-on-4 dental implants varies depending on the individual case. Your dentist will be able to give you an estimate after your consultation. The pricing of the All-on-4® at Bellaire Modern Dental in Houston, TX ranges at around $15,000 per jaw and offers specials every month. If you have an extreme case of bone loss, Bellaire Modern Dental now offers zygomatic implants which runs at $25,000 per jaw. Give us a call today for more information on the procedure, cost and financing.
All-on-4 dental implants are a great option for those missing all of their teeth. The procedure provides a more comfortable and stable fit than traditional dentures. Moreover, All-on-4 dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss and can help to improve the function and appearance of your smile. However, All-on-4 dental implants are a major investment and it is important to consult with a qualified implant dentist to discuss the benefits and risks of the procedure before making a decision.
If you are considering All-on-4 dental implants, call Bellaire Modern Dental in Houston, TX to set up a consultation. Our world-class oral surgeons can help you achieve the smile you always wanted. Contact us today!
I'm Ready to Learn More about the All-on-4
Where to Find Us
2 Comments on All-on-4 Dental Implants | Houston, TX
How much does it cost for an All-on-4?
Hi Grace, thank you so much for your question. The cost depends on your location, the doctor's experience, and if you need any additional treatment for the procedure, such as extensive bone grafting, sinus lift, removal of older implants, and so on. It may also depend on whether you pay cash, in this case, you would usually receive a cash discount, and if there are any specials the office is running. For example, our office is currently running a special for the All-on-4 at $13,497 per jaw. If you need the upper and lower jaw, then that'll be $26,994. The best thing to do is to come in for a consultation so we could take a CT scan, and the doctor would be able to determine what treatment would work best for you and give you the exact cost. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call! Our office number is 833-900-2345. I hope you have a wonderful day!